Happy Thanksgiving!
(Sorry...drafted this post for awhile but didn't have a chance to publish it earlier.)
Went home for Thanksgiving. It was nice to see my family for a bit, eat Chinese food and homecooked food. "Yum cha" was fun. I always look forward to that, esp. since I don't have to pay! He he.
One request- Please pray for my grandma (she lives with us at home). She's getting old, but really values her freedom and independence. Recently, she pulled some muscles in her leg and it is now inflamed, taking a long time to heal. In addition to that, she has pain in her joints from arthritis. Which makes it hard to go out on her daily morning exercises to lead "look tung kuun", a type of tai-chi I think. And her weekly trip downtown Chinatown is difficult to make. She ends up staying at home all day, and that can be boring, if all she has for company are the radio and TV. I think she feels pretty lonely with us 3 grand-kids out of town now.
My parents got to get out of the house and time away together on a church pastors/deacons' retreat. I think they should to that more often! :)
On Saturday, I went with the UT Navs for a Thanksgiving BBQ/potluck at a provincial park up north. Beautiful fall colours, great Korean bbq'd meat, lots of potluck food, frisbee, soccer, and a short hike. The roadtripping part was fun, with ppl playing on the walkie talkies!
Went home for Thanksgiving. It was nice to see my family for a bit, eat Chinese food and homecooked food. "Yum cha" was fun. I always look forward to that, esp. since I don't have to pay! He he.
One request- Please pray for my grandma (she lives with us at home). She's getting old, but really values her freedom and independence. Recently, she pulled some muscles in her leg and it is now inflamed, taking a long time to heal. In addition to that, she has pain in her joints from arthritis. Which makes it hard to go out on her daily morning exercises to lead "look tung kuun", a type of tai-chi I think. And her weekly trip downtown Chinatown is difficult to make. She ends up staying at home all day, and that can be boring, if all she has for company are the radio and TV. I think she feels pretty lonely with us 3 grand-kids out of town now.
My parents got to get out of the house and time away together on a church pastors/deacons' retreat. I think they should to that more often! :)
On Saturday, I went with the UT Navs for a Thanksgiving BBQ/potluck at a provincial park up north. Beautiful fall colours, great Korean bbq'd meat, lots of potluck food, frisbee, soccer, and a short hike. The roadtripping part was fun, with ppl playing on the walkie talkies!
